Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to put in my 2nd tank of gas. My first tank, which was filled by the dealership, got me almost 500 miles on 9.75 gallons of gas. I am down to my last bar and I am only at about 410 miles. My driving hasn't changed. When I filled up the first time, I didn't "force it." Any suggestions? Should I push it on the fill up a little bit? With 1 bar left, about how many gallons such it take?

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
This is a car with which an actuary will be frustrated. The amount of gas you get in at any fill will vary quite a bit, depending on the pump and the temperature. You will have to resort to math. Actuaries know math right? Record tank 1, tank 2, tank 3 and tank 4. On tank 5 start averaging and you will have some numbers with which to play. Worrying about trip to trip or even tank to tank variations will quickly drive you nuts. Then you will fit in here even better.
Enjoy the car. :)

·
Registered
991 Posts
I agree with the above :p I had one line left on my car, and the gas pump wouldn't let me fill up anymore and I had only put in 7.5 gallons after driving from Los Angeles to Santa Clara (southern to northern california). I started the car and it said it was full--of course the lines dropped faster than normal, but it was a bit cold outside and such. It really just varies time to time, just fill up as needed. Look at your MPG more and maybe your total range, less. :)

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Here's a suggestion:

When you are at one pip, fill up at your next convenience. If it is blinking, fill up NOW. It's not rocket science. Push it and someday you will be walking. Just because it gets good mileage doesn't mean you should play silly games with the gauge. This board is full of posts by people who foolishly thought they could.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.