Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just poking around looking for "Prius Inventory" and found a dealership in FL with 27 2004 Prius'. Doesn't help me, I'm in NJ.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now I found another site in NC with the same 27 cars! Am I missing something? How can two dealers of the same cars?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found another 6 sites. All with the same inventory, all on the east coast. Could these be Internet only sales. I will call later today to find out. THe first one I found is http://arlingtontoyota.com I don't know them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have been finding these specific dealer sites that you can search a their personal inventory also, however I was on a site recently that looked a lot like this which had a box to select distance from your zip code. At the time I looked at Ohio, the Eastern Region, and the whole US. Thanks for posting this address because they have the car I want, even if it is $2,000 more than my local dealer quote.....Tom.

·
Registered
56 Posts
dbiltcli said:
I was just poking around looking for "Prius Inventory" and found a dealership in FL with 27 2004 Prius'. Doesn't help me, I'm in NJ.
I telephoned the dealer in Florida and the Web site does not reflect reality. There is no surplus of Prius' at any dealer in the US. :( The gentleman I spoke to told me the list encompasses more than 145 dealers in the Southeast, hense the multiple posting of the same list. However, none of the cars on the list are available. A waiting list exists at all the dealers served by the Web site.

Perhaps they should update the Web site to reflect reality.

·
Registered
17 Posts
dbiltcli said:
I found another 6 sites. All with the same inventory, all on the east coast. Could these be Internet only sales. I will call later today to find out. THe first one I found is http://arlingtontoyota.com I don't know them.
Arlington is a short distance away from me (20 minutes). You won't find a Prius in the Northern VA/DC area without a several month wait. I took delivery of mine over the weekend after a wait, but I had my deposit in against the dealer's allotment before the first car's ever hit the showrooms.

·
Registered
53 Posts
congrats on your new Prius. Did it come with the options package you ordered and in the color you ordered?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hey Dbiltcli! No problem! Buy a bargain flight for about $100 to $300 depending on the time, fly down to Florida, buy one of the Prius' and drive home for $25 worth of fuel. Easy!... :wink: ...Whatshisname

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea, same here. I finally got someone on the phone and was told I could have a car in two months. Back to waiting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts