Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alert the Press!!!! Our 2004 Prius with just over 21K miles returned an average of 24.5 mpg.

Oh yeah, you want details. Well this was over a period of 10 days with a total 35 miles. My wife drove the car to work and home for lunch and off to an occcasional latte. The weather was cold. Her commute is 0.5 miles one way and she comes home for lunch. :lol:

These are probably the worst possible conditions for fuel consumption and I just wanted to report a new low. The truth is 24 mpg is pretty darn good under the conditions.

I just realized that 24.5 is exactly half our overall aveage of 49 mpg since new. I love this car.

John

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Easy there Galaxee. It appears he was kidding, as he acknowleged why his mileage was low.

Mileage should improve in warmer weather, even with that short commute. But indeed, that short commute is the killer. .5 miles, might as well walk.

·
Registered
919 Posts
My lowest was 31 a few tanks ago when we were at our coldest, commutes short, and the Prius needed to warm up as windows deiced. Since then, I've had a 45mpg tank and currently a 35. Doesn't much matter. Still a great ride.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Yeah, I've been thinkng about working 7 days a week instead of only 5. The weekend RUINS my average mileage with all those short trips to the store!

·
Registered
85 Posts
That funny I was just thinking the Same thing this weekend as my 51mpg dropped to 48mpg, while doing errands

Yeah, I've been thinkng about working 7 days a week instead of only 5. The weekend RUINS my average mileage with all those short trips to the store!

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Shoot, I can get that 42~43 mpg at CA freeways at 75~85 miles-per-hour
all day long ! No matter how fast I drive this Wunder-Boy of mine gives me the same mpg. Now when I do "Obey" the 680 Interstate posted 65 mph I get over 50 ! 42 lbs front 40 back ..Alignment done, Toe-Camber
adjusted as well.... I love this car !

·
Registered
420 Posts
Last week I got some similarly anomalous highway mileage: About 35 mpg on I-25 from Longmont to Cheyenne. In May, the last time my wife and I drove that road, we got about 50 mpg. (It's a little uphill.)

The reason was a hellacious crosswind, which made the trip a real adventure. And the temperatures were in the high 20s and low 30s - is the Prius ICE affected by wind-chill? The only other time I got even vaguely comparable highway mileage, it was 9 degrees!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.