Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a first time Prius owner, 2019 model, and I can't find a button to open the trunk from the inside of my car. Highlander and Corolla have it. Is there a way to open the trunk from the inside (not an emergency latch). Esp with Covid19 and contactless curbside pickup, I'm unable to open the trunk without getting out of my car.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I know that on my 2005 Prius there is no button to "open" the trunk but if you use the door unlock switch on the inside drivers door handle and arm rest it also unlocks the rear hatch so that anyone on the outside can upen it without a key.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Obscott is correct, but even with the hatch unlocked, it isn't likely that a person who is unfamiliar with the vehicle would be able to quickly figure out how to open the hatch. When we pick up groceries, I open the hatch, then stick something (cloth grocery bag) under in the bottom of the opening and gently close the hatch. When the groceries arrive, they can easily open the hatch, and the smart ones know to remove the grocery bag before they close the hatch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts