Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Average MPG readout on this meter is wildly inaccurate and inconsistent. I have monitored it for 12000 miles. I find actual MPG (Calculated from miles driven / gas pump gallons) to average about minus 7% over the 120000 miles while individual fill up readings can very from minus 4% to minus 14%. There is no consistency from fill up to fill up except that actual MPG is always lower than meter readout. My 2013 Honda Civic varies about +/- 1% to 2% regardless of where I fill up.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi billlarson, I just recently bought a 2017 Prius 3T and..the mpg indicator is the worse I've ever encountered. Not only is wildly not accurate, it does not articulate according to the vehicle's fuel consumption nor mileage. I'm extremely disappointed as this was a huge feature selling point for this hybrid..I upgraded (?) from a Ford Focus SEL..Not only did the mpg articulate every tenth of a mile, it was spot on, owner could reset for each fuel refill, etc. I could cite a few other crazy odd zings..BUT, this is your thread.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts