Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Like the title says, I had a alligatorgator clamp and foolishly connected the fuze box battery tab(+) to the frame/negative. I laid our the clamp down horizontal across the engine, trying to get the most reach out of it and copper bridged a 2 inch gap.

There's a small scorch mark where it was resting on thin metal framing above the engine. I had it like this for maybe 1-1/2 minutes while trying to jump-start another car.

charging system warning light came on. "Immediately park the car in a safe space and contact dealer." Dealer won't even talk to you, useless and a long ways away , bring it in or nothing.

I figured I just drained the battery too much and so I jump started the prius. It turned on and ran, heater ran, I left the prius running with the heat on high. I came back 3-5 minutes later and it had shut itself off, the warning is still there, and now it won't start itself.

Does anyone know what damage I may have caused, what I can do, if I should or should not jump it again?

I'm considering bringing it to the local mechanic (instead of a dealer), he's quite good but I'm not sure how much practice he has with hybrids.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
just a follow up I've checked the main fuse by the 12v Battery in the back seat, it's working as intended, but I don't seem to be getting current up to the jumper cable tab inside the fuse box in the engine compartment.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts