Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Prius owners,

I just got my first used Prius v Three.
The proximity access worked for a week and then stopped. I have tried the sks button under the dash and the smart key option on in the setup.
The battery is at 3v and the unlock, lock and engine on/off works fine.
I have also tried the other fob. The 12v battery is 12.3v standing. The driver's side handle lock only gives one long beep and does not lock.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Never had that problem with my Prius but have with my Harley Davidson Sportster. It has a wireless key fob and sometimes when I am over at the Shell gas station over on Midway Dr. in the Sports Arena area of San Diego it happens. I have been told that sometimes the Navy is testing some kind of radar that they are not suppose to activate until they are out to sea. This signal interferes with the signal of my key fobs ability to disable my alarm on the motorcycle. I have had to use my secret code to disable the security on the bike to get it to start and get out of there. I use the station all the time and have only had that problem twice in the last 12 years. Do you have a Navy or military base near the area you had the problem?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found the Problem!

I tried techstream and found that the car has three smart key not just my two. I looked under and over everything and found a third smart key stuck under the driver seat. Solved!! I can know go on with my life.

Thanks for helping me think this out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts