Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, there.

I have a 2010 Prius with a GPS that randomly malfunctions. Sometimes when I start the car, I'm greeting with the GPS message, "Unable to read data. Please consult your dealer." It happens most frequently when I'm in my garage or on my driveway getting ready to take off, but it also happens sometimes in the middle of a trip.

My car is at the dealer right now, and they're telling me that I have to upgrade my GPS (for a ridiculous price), but that makes no sense to me. To my mind, having current map data should have nothing to do with being able to use the GPS in general.

Any insights anyone has on this topic will be most appreciated!

·
Registered
3 Posts
When I bought mine new couple months ago the salesman actually recommended plugging in my iphone, which I am just starting to use the Waze app (upon the advice of my nephew)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, there.

I have a 2010 Prius with a GPS that randomly malfunctions. After I input an address, it sometimes responds with the message, "Unable to read data. Please consult your dealer." It happens most frequently when I'm in my garage or on my driveway getting ready to take off, but it also sometimes happens in the middle of a trip.

My car is at the dealer right now, and they're telling me that I have to upgrade my GPS (for a ridiculous price), but that makes no sense to me. To my mind, having current map data should have nothing to do with being able to use the GPS in general.

Any insights anyone has on this topic will be most appreciated!
It is probably having trouble reading the DVD, located under one of the front seats, which contains the map data.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts