Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I own a 2008 Prius with 72,000 Miles. Recently, I replaced the fused for the front auxiliary power socket. After doing so, my energy and navigation display went dead. I also noticed the the SRS light went on.

I re-checked the continuity of all fuses in the engine compartment and all the fuses under the steering wheel, and they were all good. Is there anything else I can check? Does the car need some kind of reboot?

I was told by a non-Toyota mechanic that this was probably coincidental. He said the screen probably died and I may need a control module. Perhaps the SRS warning light is a different story, but it seems like an odd synchronicity that after changing a fuse that the screen would go dead.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Does anyone knw if there is a recall or repair program for the SRS?

Thanks,
Frank

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I own a 2008 Prius with 72,000 Miles. Recently, I replaced the fused for the front auxiliary power socket. After doing so, my energy and navigation display went dead. I also noticed the the SRS light went on.

I re-checked the continuity of all fuses in the engine compartment and all the fuses under the steering wheel, and they were all good. Is there anything else I can check? Does the car need some kind of reboot?

I was told by a non-Toyota mechanic that this was probably coincidental. He said the screen probably died and I may need a control module. Perhaps the SRS warning light is a different story, but it seems like an odd synchronicity that after changing a fuse that the screen would go dead.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Does anyone knw if there is a recall or repair program for the SRS?

Thanks,
Frank
I have a 2007 Prius with 78,000 miles. The multi-function screen was so dim I could only read it at night. I thought it might be caused by a battery connection or light bulb, but a Toyota dealer said I needed to replace the whole unit and buy the airvents on either side since the plastic would brake when they took the dash apart. It was a real disappointment, as it cost me $2,300 just to get it brighter. I hope you have better luck.

Diane

1 - 2 of 2 Posts