Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Prius - 330k miles- original traction battery (!)

2 days ago, wife left the house in the car, red triangle came on, so she came right home.
I saw basically every dash light on, red triangle, red car with !, gas gauge flashing empty to full.
ODB scanner shows U0100 code.
unable to put in R or D
I noticed that EFI fuse was blown.
Replaced, and red triangle went out, and I put in R and backed out a little.
Shortly, the EFI fuse blew again, and I couldn't put in R or D, and red triangle is back.

What caused EFI fuse to blow? I've read maybe a bad relay, clogged fuel filter (on other toyota models), O2 sensor wires touchign exhaust and shorting to ground (gotta jack it and check this)

BTW, the traction battery seems ok. ODB scanner app shows all cells around 14.9 volts, and battery showed no signs of a problem before this.

Ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts

2 days ago, wife left the house in the car, red triangle came on, so she came right home.
I saw basically every dash light on, red triangle, red car with !, gas gauge flashing empty to full.
unable to put in R or D
Shortly, the EFI fuse blew again, and I couldn't put in R or D, and red triangle is back.

What caused EFI fuse to blow? I've read maybe a bad relay, clogged fuel filter (on other toyota models), O2 sensor wires touchign exhaust and shorting to ground (gotta jack it and check this)

BTW, the traction battery seems ok. ODB scanner app shows all cells around 14.9 volts, and battery showed no signs of a problem before this.

Ideas?
Hi, exactly same problem here, have you found out about the reason that make the EFi fuse blows?

Have a good one!

·
Registered
2 Posts

unable to put in R or D

Ideas?
I’m having the same problem here, I’ve checked o2 sensor, fuel pump and I replaced the 12v battery. I’m still working on it.. did you find out what was the problem?
Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts