Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have info on how long the hybrid battery might last on this car?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Anyone have info on how long the hybrid battery might last on this car?
MKD: I have a 2010 Prius & it has the original battery. I believe in normal use that you can get 20 years out of a battery. I am thinking in cold or hot climates the use goes down in years. A battery that sets for weeks on end will also deteriorate. John

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your response. I'm considering a 2007 Toyo Prius with 220,000 miles for $2k. The only concern I have is the battery life.

·
Registered
12 Posts
MKD: That is a very reasonable price for a 2007 Prius. You need to have it checked out with a mechanic. I see a lot of older Prius' that the taxi companies are using. If everything checks out ok a used Prius can be a very nice & fugal vehicle to own. Good Luck - John

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a 2005 Prius in NJ whose battery lasted 160,000 miles or about 10 years. I replaced the battery and drove another 120,000 miles till I sold it. I then bought a used Prius 2008 with 140,000 miles that had just gotten the battery replaced under warranty. Now I have 230,000 miles on it and still going strong. For the record, I drove the original for 280,000 miles and only replaced the battery. Practically zero repairs. In conclusion a Prius battery last about 150,000 miles average or 8 years.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's helpful. Thanks much!
I have a 2006 prius and I must say the best car I have ever owned! It is now 2021 with original hybrid battery, albeit 12V toyota gel battery has been changed once.
I think u have an extraordinary buy for 2K. It must have body damage I presume.
In this day and age, I would be buying an electric car, which i am buying imminently. A second hand hyundai ionique or bmw i which would be of benefit to the enironment and your pocket.
The nissan leaf is amazing as it will charge your house overnight ( presuming solar panels and battery) and the house will power the car during the day. How good is that; free motoring and power to your house.
If u are in a unit environment perhaps u should run it past your owner's corporation of these benefits, let alone the credits u will redeem and in future as a solar farm for neighbourhood.
Here endeth the lesson

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am hoping to get 20 years out of my 2010 Prius battery. I have an OPTIMA gel AGM battery also for the second battery. It continuity gets 45 to 50 miles per gallon. Great Car!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
MKD: That is a very reasonable price for a 2007 Prius. You need to have it checked out with a mechanic. I see a lot of older Prius' that the taxi companies are using. If everything checks out ok a used Prius can be a very nice & fugal vehicle to own. Good Luck - John
How do I find a good mechanic for this car? It is at a Ford Dealership.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for your response. I'm considering a 2007 Toyo Prius with 220,000 miles for $2k. The only concern I have is the battery life.
Bargain, I have a 2006 original battery, pseudo leather seats or cloth? If u don’t buy it I will!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts