Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 has a rearview camera. Anyone know if it can be put on the LCD screen as a default? It could then be used to enhance the obstructed rear window view. I think its the same camera as on the Sienna, but don't know anyone with a Sienna.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
06 Prius Rear View camera comes as a default from factory that when you engage or select reverse on the drive-by-wire direction commander joy-stick or just the shift gear selector, the MFD screen image changes to rear view ( Panoramatic ) it shows almost 180 degree view of rear sceanery of vehicles rear geography.

·
Registered
50 Posts
KTPhil said:
For answer, please see thread on other board.
You could have answered his question with two words: "Just reverse."

But instead you wrote more words and did not answer his question.

And to your response that you are trying to teach people to do a search first...it won't work. People are people and will always ask, particularly if the forum is perceived as a helpful one. Of course, if all the members were like you and weren't helpful, then maybe they would do a search. Or then again, maybe they would just go to another forum where they will get answers to their questions from people who will take the time to help them out.

Ken

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
camera

thank you! that was very clear. You are right, I had no idea what the first person was telling me. Disappointing though. It would have been wonderful to be able to use the camera as an adjunct rearview mirror. Maybe I should wait till 2007?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Re: camera

paulalouise said:
thank you! that was very clear. You are right, I had no idea what the first person was telling me. Disappointing though. It would have been wonderful to be able to use the camera as an adjunct rearview mirror. Maybe I should wait till 2007?
The Lexus models have had the rear camera since the 2004 models. My wife has an RX330 with backup camera. The vehicle has a "diagnostic" mode in which you can turn on the camera while in DRIVE mode. However, you won't be able to switch back and forth to the other MFD display screens(NAV, AC, etc.). Again the camera has been a feature since the 2004 models, and Lexus has yet to offer an "contstant on" feature. I highly doubt Toyota will offer a "constant on" option in the near future or ever. A "hacK" is more likely.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
The basic problem is that the original question was asked on every Prius forum on this site, so the answers could be dispersed and not all in the same thread...

http://www.priusonline.com/viewtopic.php?t=6838
http://www.priusonline.com/viewtopic.php?t=6839
http://www.priusonline.com/viewtopic.php?t=6840
Probably because the three forums aren't signifigently different.
1. It was a question (goes in Q & A)
2. It was technical (goes in Technical)
3. It was wanted for general knowledge (goes in General)

So you can see how people can get confused as to which forum

I feel that having both Q&A and Technical are redundant. Let's eliminate Q&A

·
Registered
257 Posts
The system seems to be working well, and just gets overlooked occassionally.
True. But that doesn't excuse the curt response given to the OP. I was reading the Technical Forum and saw that un-helpful response. There are 16 forums on Priusonline, so a simple "See the reply in the ______ forum" would have been more courteous and helpful. Additionally, several posters refer you to the PriusChat for some answers.

And, yes, I feel that Q&A and Technical duplicate each other for the most part. Since Coastal Dave is responsible for Q&A, perhaps that should be the preferred forum for anything Coastal Tech related. All non-Coastal Tech questions could be in the Technical forum.

Just an idea.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts