Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 2006 . I have figured out how to assign a voice name to a stored phone number but how do i call a number with a voice not a number . When I push the talk button on the steering wheel (the pretty girls voice ) asks for a number (for me to speak aloud) how do i get it to ask for a name instead
(one that i have recorded and assigned to each number in the phone book already? help please

·
Registered
48 Posts
You just have to be on the right screen. If you press the talk button while on the number pad screen it will ask for a number. If you go into your phone book and press the talk button it will ask for a name.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Quite a few things get locked out over 4 MPH.
Things such as adding destination in NAV, editing the maintenance menu (or even selecting one of them), displaying an RDS message on the radio screen, etc.

·
Registered
219 Posts
While you're moving you can still get to Speed Dial. If you're in Speed Dial you get to choose whether you want by name or by number.

(It's mind-boggling that this VR system designed expressly to allow hands-free dialing requires you to do at least 3-4 MFD presses to get to where you can use it. It's so obvious the default from the Talk button should be by name, or let you choose, not assume by number.)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so if you press voice dial while driving it wants a number right ?
if you go to speed dial you might as well press it to dial

how would one voice dial with the recorded name i recordered in the phone book

·
Registered
16 Posts
EQ,

I had the SAME question and figured this out:

Once you have the voice tags recorded, then you CAN press the talk button from any screen OTHER than the phone screen and it will prompt you for a command.

Say "Dial by Name", it will then switch to the phone book screen and ask you for the name, then ask you to say dial.

BTW, the voice tags should be set by the person who will use it the most. I tried to make a call, but my husband had done the voice tags and it would not recognize my voice when I said the names, had to redo all the tags.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.