Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I have a 2006 prius with 227k miles on it. The car will turn on but after a very short drive (entirely on the electric engine) it will die out. The gas engine is not being started at all and I have all the codes scanned but no idea/solutions after taking it to 2 different mechanics. Im trying to figure out if its worth the $500+ each mechanic quoted me to begin to dive into the error codes individually (1 hour per code they say...) This car has a brand new catalytic converter and has never had any major issues until this. Im already out $400 from the mechanics and towing needed. It will need towing to mechanic and back etc. for any maintenance.

Codes:
p0a0f - engine failed to start
p3193 - fuel run out (it has gas 100%)
crc59 - hv system regenerative malfunction
c1310 - hv system malfunction
c2318 - low voltage error (power supply malfunction) i know the 12v battery is low and needs replacing
c2310 - open or short circuit in battery

·
Registered
2007 Prius
5 Posts
Definitely change out the 12 volt battery. A Prius generally over works the 12 volt battery. Many codes disappear when you install new battery. Advanced Auto Parts has a compatible one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
First thing is to replace the battery, after that I would have the fuel pump tested as (it seems to me) that the codes about the engine failing to start, fuel run out sounds like a fuel pump to me. The regenerative malfunction could also be related to the engine not running as it has to run to regenerate the main battery bank for the electric motor to run.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts