Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having driven my new Prius ('06 package 2) for a few days after having driven the '05 (package 5) for a few months, I thought I'd share with you guys a few of my initial observations/opinions.

- i love the seaside pearl exterior/gray interior combination
- the textured dashboard is much nicer and more scratch resistant
- the "dark gray" interior fabric isn't any different from the 2005 gray (i thought it would be)
- the darker, redesigned display screens are less distracting at night, i dont mind that you can only choose between green and orange color schemes (i only use the green)
- i'm no music connoisseur but i can notice a big difference between the premium 9 speaker package (in the '05) and the standard 6 speakers
- the rear camera feature, for me so far, is very limited as far as usefulness goes, it's more of a gimmick to make my passengers say "wow, that's cool"
- the autodimming mirror was a nice bit of luxury, but i'll get along just fine without it
- the auxillary audio jack is OK even though it doesnt incorporate the display for song titles and such

also i've put a front end mask on it and bought 4 snow tires (no VSC in package 2), other than that it's all the same to me

bottom line for current 2005 owners, i would say don't be jealous unless you wanted the blue/gray color combination.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the info - I am currently considering trading my 2005 Package 6 in for a 2006 P # 8. Love my 2005, but would like to have the leather, tire pressure monitoring, and improved airbag system. I am waiting for more info on the tax credit for 2006 as only estimates out now. IRS may decide to throw in a provision that would preclude me somehow. The tax credit should pay for trading up!

I see that the tape player has been deleted from the 2006 premium sound system, and am curious to see what else is missing, if any.

Don

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
P6NaDon said:
Thanks for the info - I am currently considering trading my 2005 Package 6 in for a 2006 P # 8. Love my 2005, but would like to have the leather, tire pressure monitoring, and improved airbag system. I am waiting for more info on the tax credit for 2006 as only estimates out now. IRS may decide to throw in a provision that would preclude me somehow. The tax credit should pay for trading up!

I see that the tape player has been deleted from the 2006 premium sound system, and am curious to see what else is missing, if any.

Don
Hi Don. If I were looking to get an 06 Prius in package #8 NW 'Cause of "Leathers" I would instead go for the #7 NL and install the 100 % "Real Leathers" customised to your liking. Such as, Two toned, center seat perforation, perhaps adding a seat heater. The Factory Leathers is "Leather Trimmed" not real 100 % Leathers so you know.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
C.Rickey Hirose said:
The Factory Leathers is "Leather Trimmed" not real 100 % Leathers so you know.
I thought leather trimmed meant that some of the pieces (like the seating surfaces) were leather and others (like the bottom side panels) were not.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
redwein said:
C.Rickey Hirose said:
The Factory Leathers is "Leather Trimmed" not real 100 % Leathers so you know.
I thought leather trimmed meant that some of the pieces (like the seating surfaces) were leather and others (like the bottom side panels) were not.
Exactly, thus Factory ones not, 100 % Leather...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts