Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it neccesary to buy the extended warranty for 1,800 bucks?

·
Registered
15 Posts
naw, you can get it for under $1,000. Check out the link at priuschat.

but it is your choice whether or not you need the extended warranty.

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
not at $1800! Thats far over even MSRP.

much more info on the Toyota Extra Care Platinum Plan (Extended Warranty), including pricing and some good dealers to contact, is at:
http://www.vfaq.net/docs/ExtendedWarranty.html

I just asked Tom to update the info for Crown Toyota (no sales tax, actually $985 for the 7/100,000/$0), and for Toyota of Greenfield (actually $985 for the 7/100,000/$0, $690 for the 7/75,000/$0), and to add the priuschat.com site to the dealer list (someone recently told me about it - I never read priuschat.com because they don't support my web browser (so I can't post)).

Please read the info BEFORE you go to closing when you purchase your car. If you have already purchased a warranty for far too much, it may still be worthwhile for you to cancel and re-purchase it for the lesser cost. You do have until the 3 year/36,000 mile basic warranty runs out to decide if you want the new vehicle extended warranty. As far as pricing, it could go up 3 years from now, but in the last 2 years I've only seen the pricing go up at the least expensive dealers by about $5 (my updates above)...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts