Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last November I ordered a new Prius from a dealer here in New Orleans with the understanding that if it was delivered late in the model year, I would opt for a 05 instead of an 04. Yesterday, I was called that my 04 is in. Does anybody know when the 05's will be in? Since I have been waiting this long should I go for the 04 (at full price I might add) or pass on it and wait for an 05?
:?

·
Registered
15 Posts
As for the 2005, I heard that it should be similar to 2004. The price may be a few hundred dollars more but that will probably be all. The good thing about the 2005 is that it will retain its value a little longer than the 2004.

If you do opt for the 2005, please let me know since I may be interested in the 2004.

Thanks
Ryan
Houston, TX

·
Registered
15 Posts
As for the 2005, I heard that it should be similar to 2004. The price may be a few hundred dollars more but that will probably be all. The good thing about the 2005 is that it will retain its value a little longer than the 2004.

If you do opt for the 2005, please let me know since I may be interested in the 2004.

Thanks
Ryan
Houston, TX

·
Registered
82 Posts
r france wrote: "The good thing about the 2005 is that it will retain its value a little longer than the 2004."

Why did you say this? Explain. Thanks. Karen Ann

·
Registered
84 Posts
You can bet that the 2005 Prius will be very similar if not outright identical to the 2004. If the 2005 costs $500 to $1,000 more ,and you keep the car for a long time, you're better off buying the 2004 because ten years from now both will have almost the same value; the value of the car at that time will depend more on its mileage and condition than on the one-year difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts