Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There will be some major changes in the 2005 Prius. First, Toyota will introduce an automatic park feature that will parallel park your vehicle by determining the between space required and the position of other vehicles parked. Second, a motorized extension arm with mirror will extend out of the rear of the vehicle so you may determine if any cars are around before backing out from between SUV's and trucks. Third, the vehicle mileage will be extended up to 78 MPG and finally, new self-inflating tires will never need air and show no wear for up to 60,000 miles. The additional cost of these options(the mileage increase is standard) will be $4,600 and will be available as part of Package 10.

Oh yes, I almost forgot. A "weapons of mass destruction" detector will seek out and automatically destroy any found within a radius of 10 feet. :p

·
Registered
623 Posts
I think if my car was going to destroy WMDs I'd want to be farther away than 10 feet. Can I get the '05 without that option? The automatic parking I don't need. I've pretty well learned where the front and back of the car is. The human brain is pretty good that way. It learns stuff. The motorized mirror, self-inflating tires, and 78 mpg sound pretty good, but as long as you're dreaming, couldn't you make that 125 mpg so we can thunb our noses at the Insighters?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't need 125 mpg to "thumb my nose" at the Insight, I just need to go grocery shopping with my wife.We both fit in the car comfortably with groceries for 2 teenagers for the week. We can even bring the kids grocery shopping and have room. Or we can comfortably take the whole family cross country to visit relatives. Try that in an Insight.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't need 125 mpg to "thumb my nose" at the Insight, I just need to go grocery shopping with my wife.We both fit in the car comfortably with groceries for 2 teenagers for the week. We can even bring the kids grocery shopping and have room. Or we can comfortably take the whole family cross country to visit relatives. Try that in an Insight.

·
Registered
150 Posts
What Toyota should do is add the ability to burn E85 fuel in the prius.

E85 is 85% alcohol, 15% gasoline.
The prius can presently only handle up to 10% alcohol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Jeffand said:
What Toyota should do is add the ability to burn E85 fuel in the prius.

E85 is 85% alcohol, 15% gasoline.
The prius can presently only handle up to 10% alcohol.
Mileage and HP will drop aprox. 20% if you use E85.

Oh yea... I can put quite a few groceries in my car as well.... :?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts