Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My net was sent to me from the dealer and i don't see an "easy" installation place to put the two plastic clips for the upper portion of the net on each side. Looks to me like one would need to drill two holes. I'd like some confirmation before I do this.
greg
[email protected]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, you have to drill the holes. The kit should have come with instructions and a paper template to cut out for marking the hole location on each side. There's nothing to it.

Regards,
Chuck Lane

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Easy job. The template tells you where, and you ar eonly drilling a plastic part--no shards and even a dull bit will work. Just use the exact bit size specified, no larger and no smaller.

·
Registered
48 Posts
PDF of template attached. Only additional piece of advice is be careful not to drill too deep (duh). If you are heavy-handed but don't have depth-stop collars for your drill bits, you can apply a "flag" of electrical or masking tape about 1/4" from the tip of the bit.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I want to stress that you must verify the dimensions of the prinout against the 7.25" marks. Many printers scale drawings to fit a page, and it may not be to scale. This would lead you to drill the hole in the wrong place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts