==============================================

mrv,

Are you saying #9 is now #6 in 2005?

· Registered
133 Posts
Re: reverse seat belt warning beeping

shastatodd said:
Hello,

Our friends came by for dinner last night and surprised us with their 05 Prius. Everything looked the same to me. I offered to shut off the seatbelt and reverse warning beep, but could NOT get it to give me the "B on B off" indicator. I know what I am doing as I have done this for many 04's in the area. Does anyone have access to the 05 service manual to determine if they changed the way this is shut off? Has anyone successfully shut the beep off on an 05?

Todd
Yes. I shutoff the reverse beep in my '05. Seat belt beep is on and is probably staying on. I shutoff reverse beep with info from a guy who has the '04 so I am pretty sure it must be the same. You want it? I give you what he gave me. After 8 or so tries, I did it :oops:

1) Switch to the odometer/trip-meter to display "ODO".
2) Power OFF (push the "Power" button).
3) Power ON (push the "Power" button again).
4) Within 6 seconds of powering back ON, push & hold the button for "ODO" for a minimum of 10 seconds.
5) While still holding the button for "ODO", shift into "R" (Reverse), then to "P" (Park).
6) "b-on" should display on the odometer/trip-meter now. Push the odometer/trip-meter button to switch it to "b-off".
7) Power OFF (push the "Power" button).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.