Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this official 2005 package info from Dianne at Carson Toyota, CA.
She doesn't have pricing info yet, but is expecting about a 3% price
increase. Nor does she have production or delivery dates for the first
2005s.

The rear wiper is now standard. All colors remain the same (interior and
exterior).

Package 1 = GY = side and curtain airbags

Package 2 = AG = security system + homelink + smart entry

Package 3 = BI = side/curtain airbags, smary entry

Package 4 = AM = side curtain airbags, smart entry, HID lamps, fog lamps,
VSC

Package 5 = AI = side/curtain airbags, security and homelink, smart entry,
JBL audio upgrade

Package 6 = BC = side/curtain airbags, security + homelink, smart entry, HID
headlamps, fog lamps, VSC, JBL, NAV

(so, if you want the Navigation, you have to go with package 6 (BC).)

The Southern California region is only ordering these packages in the
following ratios:
15% package 1 (GY)
20% package 3 (BI)
65% package 6 (BC)
color ratios for the Southern California region hasn't been decided yet.

·
Registered
261 Posts
mrv said:
Nor does she have production or delivery dates for the first
2005s.quote]

I stopped in my MN dealer yesterday, and their waiting list had typed at the top that the first day of 2005 model production is 8/23/04, and they expected to see 2005's on allocation in late Sept., and delivery in mid to late October.

I'd like to know if there are any color changes coming...I'm not looking for a new color, but want a dark interior, so am hoping that it might now be available with ext. colors other than white, black and silver.

rob

·
Registered
261 Posts
sorry, now I notice you did say no color changes. Oh, well, maybe toyota will at least let us mix and match the exterior and interior colors more.
r

·
Registered
623 Posts
From everything I've read on these boards, Toyota does not accept custom orders of any sort. They make what they make. You decide which of their available package/color combinations you want, and then when your turn comes, you decide what you're willing to settle for, and what you'd rather pass up and continue waiting. If your dealer is good, s/he may be willing and able to trade allocations with another willing dealer, to get closer to what you want.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Package 6 = BC = side/curtain airbags, security + homelink, smart entry, HID
headlamps, fog lamps, VSC, JBL, NAV
==============================================

mrv,

Are you saying #9 is now #6 in 2005?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
bobmrg said:
What is VSC?

Bob Gardner, waiting list
Vehicle Stability Control. The system that controls acceleration and wheel braking to prevent the car from careening out of control if you hit the gas too hard, or try to corner too aggressively. (Some car manufacturers call similar mechanisms 'traction control'.) It's like antilock brakes in reverse.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Daniel said:
From everything I've read on these boards, Toyota does not accept custom orders of any sort. They make what they make.
Right...what I meant to say was that I hope for 2005 Toyota will offer the gray interior with more exterior colors than it does now.

And for the other poster, VSC stands for Vehicle Stability Control (Toyota) or Vehicle Skid Control (as referred to by Edmunds.com).

Rob

·
Registered
28 Posts
What does "CF" Stand For?

Does anyone know what CF refers to? I ordered a Tideland Pearl #9 - I should be picking it up tonite or possibly tomorrow nite - on my confirmation fax it says CF & BC

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: What does "CF" Stand For?

Shepan said:
Does anyone know what CF refers to? I ordered a Tideland Pearl #9 - I should be picking it up tonite or possibly tomorrow nite - on my confirmation fax it says CF & BC
CF is the carpeted floor/trunk mats PPO (port option) code.

·
Registered
19 Posts
reverse seat belt warning beeping

Hello,

Our friends came by for dinner last night and surprised us with their 05 Prius. Everything looked the same to me. I offered to shut off the seatbelt and reverse warning beep, but could NOT get it to give me the "B on B off" indicator. I know what I am doing as I have done this for many 04's in the area. Does anyone have access to the 05 service manual to determine if they changed the way this is shut off? Has anyone successfully shut the beep off on an 05?

Todd

·
Registered
186 Posts
Re: reverse seat belt warning beeping

shastatodd said:
Hello,

Our friends came by for dinner last night and surprised us with their 05 Prius. Everything looked the same to me. I offered to shut off the seatbelt and reverse warning beep, but could NOT get it to give me the "B on B off" indicator. I know what I am doing as I have done this for many 04's in the area. Does anyone have access to the 05 service manual to determine if they changed the way this is shut off? Has anyone successfully shut the beep off on an 05?

Todd
Yes. I shutoff the reverse beep in my '05. Seat belt beep is on and is probably staying on. I shutoff reverse beep with info from a guy who has the '04 so I am pretty sure it must be the same. You want it? I give you what he gave me. After 8 or so tries, I did it :oops:

1) Switch to the odometer/trip-meter to display "ODO".
2) Power OFF (push the "Power" button).
3) Power ON (push the "Power" button again).
4) Within 6 seconds of powering back ON, push & hold the button for "ODO" for a minimum of 10 seconds.
5) While still holding the button for "ODO", shift into "R" (Reverse), then to "P" (Park).
6) "b-on" should display on the odometer/trip-meter now. Push the odometer/trip-meter button to switch it to "b-off".
7) Power OFF (push the "Power" button).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts