Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a free download site for the Prius owners manual.My Prius is in the shop (manual with it) for a mystereious problen and I would like to analize th "fault icaons" to see if it helps guide me to reasonable conclusions.My wife said a triangle appeared along with some other stuff and Toyota thinks it may be the battery.I'm wondering if its just the cruise control that went out since that was the only thing that did not work after the icons appered.

Thanks,

Robert

·
Registered
92 Posts
I don't know if you'll find a free site but for 10 dollars a day you can down load it atToyota's Tech Info Site along with repair manuals, wiring diagrams, TSB's etc. It only took me twenty dollars and two days to get just about all of it. Well worth it in my opinion.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Manual

Overtork,

Thanks for the reply.Will check into it. New Prius still in the shop with a mystery thing happening.

Robert :(

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
I pulled a 2004 manual in PDF many months back now off from a 3rd party web site. I can't recal which one it was, however it looked like somebody had downloaded it from Toyota and decided to post it for others, or at least store it out where they could get to it from anywhere.

It is a farily large download. About 15 or 20 different PDF documents. Probably about 1.5 mb in total size for all PDFs.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
That triangle comes up for just about any problem other than emissions problems. DTCs that the dealer pulls with his scanner would say more.
The cruise control would be disabled as soon as the triangle would come up.
So, the loss of cruise was probably a symptom, not a problem. Sounds like you may have gotten the 'engine failed to start' problem, or ran out of gas. With either of these, the car would still be drivable until the main battery gives out, which would be about 1-3 miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts