Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my 2005 Prius BC and I ordered the allseason floormats from the dealer. They say they are different than the 2004 ones and are taking like two weeks to come in. He also mentioned that I was only like the 3rd person in the entire US to actually order these floormats, which seems VERY strange since the 2005s have been out for a month or so.

Does anyone have pics of the factory allseason floormats? Am I better off going with a cheaper/better solution? Also, why can't I just get the 2004 allseason mats, since I thought there is no difference between the '05 and '04 models. The factory ones run around 80 bucks I think. I'm still a little bitter about a $26k car not coming with standard floormats.

Any comments would be great, thanks!

·
Registered
128 Posts
huberc said:
Does anyone have pics of the factory allseason floormats? Am I better off going with a cheaper/better solution? Also, why can't I just get the 2004 allseason mats, since I thought there is no difference between the '05 and '04 models. The factory ones run around 80 bucks I think. I'm still a little bitter about a $26k car not coming with standard floormats.
The '04 mats are intended to match the carpet, although I found mine just slightly off color. I also ordered online, as the dealer price was too much. $80 is a good price from a dealer. These mats are carpet, come with retention clips from the front, and have the Prius logo embroidered in.

Personally, while nice, I think the price is a bit steep even for a custom mat. I also agree that Toyota is a bit odd with the "mats not included" configuration. Why would I want to buy a brand new car, a nice car, and immediately ruin the carpet? Then again, many of us are buying the ed up custom mats, aren't we? They look so nice I keep them covered and clean for show, using a cheap all season dirt and water catching variety over the mats for normal everyday use. At $20 a pair, I can throw a few sets out before I would pay for replacing the custom Prius mats.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess toyota didn't offer factory all season rubber floormats for the 04...They do now for the 05 and only come in black.

·
Registered
73 Posts
floor mats

The Prius we bought came standard with Prius factory floor mats, cargo net, tire tie down, and locking hub nuts.

That's in Canada and for the base model. There are only two models, base and loaded.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just picked up my 2005 Prius BC and I ordered the allseason floormats from the dealer. They say they are different than the 2004 ones and are taking like two weeks to come in. He also mentioned that I was only like the 3rd person in the entire US to actually order these floormats
Hmm -- I ordered mine when I picked up my Prius on October 15th... wonder if I'm first or second? :D The salesperson said (though she apparently just assumed) two weeks, and when talking to the service/parts department later, they said Toyota isn't shipping them until January. (Dealer: Ron Tonkin Toyota of Portland, OR)

Sounds a little odd, though... one would think that if Toyota USA were to start offering rubber mats on the '05, they'd be the same as what Toyota was offering in other markets on the '04. (There's a picture on page 5 of this Toyota Germany PDF, but accessories brochures often have the wrong pictures in them.)

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I ordered a set of the Toyota all-weather mats and got them about a week later. The front are custom-fit with the logo PRIUS on it. The rear are one-size-fit-all mats but they almost fit perfectly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
2005 Prius floor mats

My new 05 came with carpet mats that I though were free, until I saw where they soaked me $186 for them. Are the mats you are ordering rubber? I want to get a more practical set for winter, but the shape is way too odd to get something from local retailers.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
yes, they're the rubber mats. The carpet mats come standard in Canada. I'm thinking of ordering a cargo mat (carpeted). Any ideas whether I should or shouldn't? They're charging Cdn$134

·
Registered
130 Posts
Mine came with the car and seem to be a little finer rug than the original but the exact same color and have "Prius" embroidered on them.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Re: 2005 Prius floor mats

Billybob said:
My new 05 came with carpet mats that I though were free, until I saw where they soaked me $186 for them. Are the mats you are ordering rubber? I want to get a more practical set for winter, but the shape is way too odd to get something from local retailers.
same here, $186. they are very nice though.

·
Registered
73 Posts
exact mats

I sent an email to ExactMats and received this reply:

Morning Duncan,
I can sell to you direct. The 4 pc. set front and rear will run $72.50, the 3 pc. set 2 front and 1 rear will run $76.50 and the rear cargo mat is an additional $62.50. Prices include all tax and shipping costs with packages arriving in about 1 week from date ordered. When you are ready, you can reach me toll free @ 1-888-395-6004.
Regards,
Billy Norton

http://www.exactmats.com/look.html

They look good on the site so I'm on the verge of ordering before the mucky weather sets in.

Anybody had any experience with these mats or this company?

Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
They are very nice mats. We sell them on our website also so I might be a little biased. I usually try to wait before replying so as not to look so much like a salesman.

Here's a link to what I sell
http://www.metrotpn.com/ProductDetails. ... ductID=128

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Exactmats

I found Eddie Bell who sells the Exactmats, from someone on this forum. Emailed him and just received my mats yesterday (within three days of giving him the okay via email). We live in Hawaii and don't have the problem with ice and snow but we do have wet winters with rain and mud. The mats fit perfectly and are made of stong material. When we first got "Goldie" (a month ago) we went to Walmart and got the clear generic mats. It was okay but I ended up buying addtional plastic to cover the parts the generic mats didn't cover. That's when I found someone's post about Metro Toyota.

Eddie was VERY professional, did not do a sales job just to make the sale and I think the price was quite reasonable since it will keep my "Goldie" clean and last as long as she will. In addtion to the front and back mats, we purchased the cargo mat too. I really like this since it is pliable enough to access the hidden storage area.

I would highly recommend Eddie Bell and Metro Toyota. If you have any questions for me I'd be more than happy to respond about my experiences with the floor mats or Eddie. I hope he doesn't mind but here is Eddie's info.

Eddie Bell-Internet Parts Sales 1 (877) 885-2900
Metro Toyota
Cleveland, Ohio

1 - 14 of 14 Posts