Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We looked over the 2004 Prius at the Texas State Fair in Dallas. They wouldn't unlock the doors or pull up the hood though. Were telling everyone that October 15th is the launch date.

This one was a silver colored version. Cool hatchback design, Goodyear tires, spacey looking inside! Nav screen looks like it might be a hair larger. Was curious about what the circular "cutout" might be in the bumber on the driver's side. Its about two inches in diameter. Looks like something "can" go there as an addition.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Was curious about what the circular "cutout" might be in the bumber on the driver's side. Its about two inches in diameter. Looks like something "can" go there as an addition.
No mystery. I's the towing hook cap. In the classic Prius it's just a hole in the black plastic part, since it is less visible.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Cut out" in bumper on driver's side. You responded: "In the classic Prius it's just a hole in the black plastic part, since it is less visible."

My response: "Huh? What are you talking about re a hole in the black plastic part? It's a cut out about two inches in diameter directly in the bumper itself, which of course, is the same color as the car since its an integral part of it! No "black" is involved.

In no way do I believe its a place to hook on for "a pull," etc. and we have over 80,000 miles driving experience in two different Priuses. Any other ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
165 Posts
No other idea, since it is the right one...
I did not say there was a black part in the 2004 bumper, but in the Classic Prius one. Here are some photos of my blue (and dirty, sorry...) one to make you understand what I mean.

Only 37000 km driving experience in a single Prius, but maybe a better sense of observation... :wink:

·
Registered
56 Posts
The Prius is sold in Japan with an auto park option. The sensors for that option go where you see the little cut outs. Sadly, that feature is not available in the States ... yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not sure the big deal.

Not sure what the big deal is this little plastic cover on the bumber has been on nearly every car at ruffly the same height for the last few years.

From what I understood it was the hook used to pull the cars on the assemply line.

Others told me it was how they attach the bumper.

Eitherway every care I haveseen in a very long time has one in the same place. The assemply line makes sence to me and pictures don't lie, there is a hook attachment for it and if you look in it there are no wires for anything eletrical.

·
Registered
466 Posts
towing hook cap

Hello from Japan,
Are you looking for the towing hook of 2004 Prius?
Following is derived from Japanese user's manual.

·
Registered
71 Posts
It's in our manual too. The problem may be that the manual is pretty lengthy - took me 3 evenings to get through the whole thing. Lots of neat info in there too. Also look at the maintenance manual. Prius requires much less maintenance than my 2001 ECHO - amazing!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts