Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 2004 Prius is doing just fine but... I got to thinking I don't know when to change the plugs. Ideas/suggestions?
What plugs are correct for this application?

Part of our purchase negotiation was for free oil, filter, and labor for oil change every 5000 miles. I don't think they thought we would keep the car this long (14 years and counting with between 140,000 and 150,000 miles. We just take it to the dealer every 5000 Miles and get done whatever the Toyota manual calls for. So far unscheduled maintenance includes one HID headlight. Someone broke the other one but their insurance paid. Toyota wanted over $400 to do the headlight. I bought the bulb and paid a body shop $70 to install it.

Any reason I shouldn't do the plugs myself? What about Never-seize or similar on the plugs threads?

Patrick

·
Registered
27 Posts
Our 2004 Prius is doing just fine but... I got to thinking I don't know when to change the plugs. Ideas/suggestions?
What plugs are correct for this application?

Part of our purchase negotiation was for free oil, filter, and labor for oil change every 5000 miles. I don't think they thought we would keep the car this long (14 years and counting with between 140,000 and 150,000 miles. We just take it to the dealer every 5000 Miles and get done whatever the Toyota manual calls for. So far unscheduled maintenance includes one HID headlight. Someone broke the other one but their insurance paid. Toyota wanted over $400 to do the headlight. I bought the bulb and paid a body shop $70 to install it.

Any reason I shouldn't do the plugs myself? What about Never-seize or similar on the plugs threads?

Patrick
you can definitely do your own plugs and save a ton of money, for the parts you should go here i was told by someone on here about a year ago and this is now my go to place. i looked up your plugs here's a link for you hope this helps you like it has me.
https://www.toyotapartsprime.com/oem/toyota-spark_plug-9008091184.html?Make=Toyota&Model=Prius&Year=2004&Submodel=&Filter=(Base,4+Cyl+1.5+L+ELECTRIC/GAS)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts