Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are due to get our 2004 in 4 weeks,does anyone have a workshop manual,and an owners manual Please.
The car is coming from japan,so we need the manual in English.
As we are retired,any help woulsd be appreciated.
I woulD happily pay pOST TO NZ,if it was on a CD

Kindest Regards,
Bob

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Duplicate post? Or did I read the same one twice.... Bet we only need to respond to one of these.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Yes, it is a double post.

I have the manuals in PDF form, they may be available in PriusChat soon. However, the US manual may be able to be used as a guide, but may have some inconsistencies with your version. For example, I don't think the cooling system has a thermal storage system outside of N.A.
Wiring is different too.

·
Registered
257 Posts
DanMan32 said:
Yes, it is a double post.

I have the manuals in PDF form, they may be available in PriusChat soon. However, the US manual may be able to be used as a guide, but may have some inconsistencies with your version. For example, I don't think the cooling system has a thermal storage system outside of N.A.
Wiring is different too.
Dan, why is that? I can see differences in steering placement, lighting, and metric instrument read-outs, but the motive system shouldn't have to be different between countries.

If it is, then maybe there is a country that doesn't have that asinine bladder fuel system. Last tank: 45 indicated MPG, 22.2 ACTUAL MPG!

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
The US is the only country with the bladder system and the thermal storage tank for the same reason. The envireament. Seems as though the rest of the world is not interested as much in this subject and it sure as heck costs a lot more to manufacture. I guess you can accept it "for the market" and until they start failing except for a little inconveniance to some folks the bladder isn't really that bad. If it ever leaks the whole tank has to be replaced but thats covered under warranty. Hey, it's just another new improvement to add to the conversation piece! The rest of the world appears to want things like four wheel disk brakes.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
hyperion said:
The US is the only country with the bladder system and the thermal storage tank for the same reason. The envireament.
Well, actually the Canadian Prius has it as well. Very few differences between the two North American models (other than maybe mudflaps and DRLs standard in Canada)

·
Registered
257 Posts
hyperion said:
The US is the only country with the bladder system and the thermal storage tank for the same reason. The envireament. Seems as though the rest of the world is not interested as much in this subject and it sure as heck costs a lot more to manufacture. I guess you can accept it "for the market" and until they start failing except for a little inconveniance to some folks the bladder isn't really that bad. If it ever leaks the whole tank has to be replaced but thats covered under warranty. Hey, it's just another new improvement to add to the conversation piece! The rest of the world appears to want things like four wheel disk brakes.
Great! Now I can see what it will take to ditch the bladder tank and get a REAL tank that will also give a more accurate reading.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
hyperion said:
... It's best, just to accept Toyotas engineering and forget about the bladder.
It's a rare day that I can forget about my bladder. In fact, it's a rare night that I can, either! :|

·
Registered
344 Posts
i think the bladder is also for protecting you in a rear end collision. i mean, the tank is right there and getting hit at the right speed would blow you up without a fuel bladder! i don't like the thought of being barbecued alive in my car. :shock:

there was another car that had a similar problem a while back (the colt maybe? i'm terrible with model names) and they recalled them all for installation of bladder tanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts