Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished a two-day rental of a new Prius and overall it was a great experience. Lately, I have become a solar power, fluorescent light, green power enthusiast but must preface these questions by saying my current and previous vehicles have only been Volvo and Mercedes-Benz:

1) I read the Consumer Reports review prior to test-driving and was hoping they were wrong about the "vague steering" but unfortunately, at least on the highway, they are correct. Is there anything that can be done about this...different tires, wheels, other adjustments? The Prius is sold in Germany interestingly with 16 in. wheels/tires) where people would not tolerate vague steering.

2) The front seats do not have lumbar support nor height adjustment. I do want the option of side and curtain airbags, so replacing the seat would require one with a built-in bag, if replacement is even possible?

3) Is it worth getting the factory navigation system and JBL stereo or should I go with less (or more) expensive aftermarket systems?

4) Several features and options are only available in Europe and other parts of the world, such as parking assist, heated seats, additional side fender-mounted blinker lights (Scion b has them), rear fog light. You can view all these features on Toyota.de site (if you understand German). The heated seat and parking assist options come in kit form. Has anyone installed or have any of these options?

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wow! I'm impressed. In my area I can't even manage to schedule a test drive, much less a rental. Where are you located?
Has anyone else had this problem?
My first-hand experience with the car is limited to the few that I have spotted in my area. I really hate to flag them down to get a better look!! :shock:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Boston area...I had the same problem trying to schedule a test drive--it was always out as a rental, so I rented it. Toyota of Boston in Brighton has one for rent. I also saw a new white one from zipcar.com on the road.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts