Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi. i need some ideas here. I have a 2002 with 216k miles. ran great on original battery till recently. engine started reving with little power, and codes P3006 and 3021. indicated bad battery. I noticed recently that battery did not hold much of a charge. I bought a parts car a couple of years ago, so replaced the traction battery. not too big a job. 2 1/2 hours only to remove both and switch. With the new battery, lights come on and hybrid light comes on but motor does not start and i get a P3030 code. Is there a startup procedure to initialize a replaced battery? has the donor battery been sitting too long? any ideas? much appreciated.

·
Registered
2002 Toyota Prius
6 Posts
Hi I had to replace my traction battery in both my 2002 prius. You can't just exchange from one to the other unless you charge and equalize all of the cells plus if it has sit for a long time it needs to be charged and reconditioned by equalizing . Hope this helps if you have not fixed it by now. Also I bought a reconditioned battery and installed it but it would keep getting all the lights coming
on ,so took it to dealer for diagnostics and they found that I did not get one of the plugs snapped in and it was loos quick cost me $400.00 I tried everything but never thought to check all my connections.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts