Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ouch. This was a slo-mo hit evidently (I have just heard the bad news). Scraped the passenger side badly door and more. Bye-bye $500 deductible. Husband doesn't want to wait for the police report, he called insurance and told them he wasn't filing a police report. She was crossing 4 lanes of traffic that had stopped for her but she couldn't fit. She backed up a full car length as if she was giving up, my husband went and then she suddenly accellerated (a mistake?) and hit him. And he pulled over but she drove off.

My question - any ideas where to take it in Southern Calif to be repaired?
newpriusspouse
So. Cal

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had some body work done in January on my Prius.

Modern Auto Body - Glendale (San Fernando Blvd.)

I was pleased that they actually knew how to drive the car and that one of their techs had just come back from "prius school".

There's an Enterprise rental place onsite and they work with most major insurance companies with an adjustor on site. It took four days from the day I dropped my car off to the complete repair of my front passenger quarter panel (couch on the freeway) with great color matching on the paint.

I detailed the experience on PriusChat.

I hope your husband was unhurt.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Cybele, I went there and created a photo album of the damage (using the same username). If one clicks "photos" I am at the end of the list. I think he was in shock when he called (I haven't seen him yet).

You can see the extent of the damage at Priuschat. I would think this would need both doors replaced, I don't think they can pound or pop this out. Also not sure about the back panel by the rear wheel. Would welcome opinions.

I looked at your before and after photos, which are always harder than seeing it in real life. Were you happy with the paint matching?

Our insurance gave us a place in Pasadena. We bought the car at the Glendale dealer. Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update on repair

We used Modern Auto Body which is the same place our dealer uses. They let you view the process via the internet. Excellent job (although I guess time is the real test). Thank you for the added vote of confidence!

BTW, even though new parts had to be ordered from Toyota, the repair on this car was around 2 1/2 weeks, including the painting and curing. It looks like new which is good since it is.
newpriusspouse

1 - 4 of 4 Posts