Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. I have had my Pruis for 10 days. Got gas today..."real world" 52 mpg on the first tank. Lovin' that.... :idea:

2. Took Prius to dealership for a small cosmetic issue. Wife has new Mitsubishi Galant rental car (long story). Drove rental car home. I could not believe how much better the Prius is in every way. Oh man..... :D

I did not think I would like this vehicle this much.

·
Registered
38 Posts
ddbluz said:
Welcome to the cult, or as someone else put it, the "Church of St. Prius". :D

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
nh_jim said:
ddbluz said:
Welcome to the cult, or as someone else put it, the "Church of St. Prius". :D
Or as another put it, you are now a Toyota Soldier! ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The mileage was commuting and errands, which is about a 50/50 split of city highway. We have not driven more than 25 miles on the highwaty on a single trip; anticipate at least 53 mpg.

Now for something interesting...

There is a calming effect that occurs while driving this car. When my friend, who is a Chiropractor/healer rode in it, he said that the Prius "emits a lot positive ionic energy". This emission has been shown (Japanese research) to reduce stress and depression. Could it be that our Pruii contribute to our "ionic health"? Maybe.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interesting how people make connections; I live in Tucson, not California or Florida.

Actually, I probably do not fit the social/political demographics of most Prius owners...but I love the car. It's a shame that the Prius is not "more affordable" to many that are stuck with gas guzzling monsters that are, pardon the pun, literally "fueling oil company profits". The whole hybrid mindset, and the reaction of the public/media to hybrid technology truly fascinates me to no end. No sarcasm intended.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
ddbluz, you're not the only one, really.

I have pretty screwy 'social/political' demographics as well.

And the low end Prius is just over 20,000. That's less than just about any 'gas guzzling monster'. (That title usually refers to SUVs and sports cars.) It is more than most cheap compact imports, though. As soon as Hyundai hybrid-izes their lineup, that will signal the true era of the hybrid to me. (Hey, Hyundai claims they're going to do it...)

Well, I'll be. After a quick Googleing, this turns up: 2007 Hyundai Accent Compact Sedan. That's it, when the cheapest new car on the market becomes a hybrid, it may be a worthy replacement for my old 1999 Accent.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I have been paying attention as of late to the prices of SUV's on ads...and all of them, for the most part, are CHEAPER lately, then my loaded PRIUS. Heck, when I think about it, I could have bought a Low End Mercedes for what I paid for my Prius.

But, I am much happier with the Prius then I could have ever figured.

8)

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
ddbluz said:
Interesting how people make connections; I live in Tucson, not California or Florida.

Actually, I probably do not fit the social/political demographics of most Prius owners...but I love the car. It's a shame that the Prius is not "more affordable" to many that are stuck with gas guzzling monsters that are, pardon the pun, literally "fueling oil company profits". The whole hybrid mindset, and the reaction of the public/media to hybrid technology truly fascinates me to no end. No sarcasm intended.
What is your perception of the "social/political demographics" of Prius owners? If you read here, we are literally all over the board in age, politcal bent, financial affluence, and gender. Some of us are out the save the Earth. Some just want to save a buck. Our "other" car may be a hummer (shudder) or a bicycle. No matter, you will find kindred spirits here, and counterpoint opinions. Welcome!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the "welcome". Saw one demographic post regarding age, but would really like to learn about gender, ethnicity and political orientation. Each Online group has it's own personality...I'm having fun learning about this one's interests. At some point maybe a poll?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
ddbluz said:
Thanks for the "welcome". Saw one demographic post regarding age, but would really like to learn about gender, ethnicity and political orientation. ...
I have some of each of those things. Anyone else? ;)

·
Registered
669 Posts
Sanny said:
ddbluz said:
Thanks for the "welcome". Saw one demographic post regarding age, but would really like to learn about gender, ethnicity and political orientation. ...
I have some of each of those things. Anyone else? ;)
Yup, me too. I even have sex religion and occupation.... :wink:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Astrowoman, I also have gender, ethnicity and political orientation, but I don't remember sex, I'm a devout heathen and I discovered years ago that working is a very poor way to kill time. DOD

1 - 15 of 15 Posts