Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally gased up for the first time yesterday. Managed to get 465 miles average mpg 53.0 and only had to put 9.1 gallons in....hehehe! The pump showed that someone before us had put in 23 gallons at $53, poor things (NOT!!!).

We had traded in Scion's for our Prius which had the same size tank but were very lucky if we ever hit 300 miles for that tank and that was with the low gas light on, so this is fantastic. I only drive around town so I'm most impressed I got 53 mpg, with this tank I get to drive to the airport a couple of times (50 miles one way) so that should up my average nicely.

I love my Prius!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
465 miles on a first tank is excellent! yay!

My first tank was in autumn so it wasn't exactly outstanding

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I definitely think I have an advantage living in Florida, and thankfully the heat doesn't bother me too much so I have the a/c on low and at a temperature of 79f so not affecting my mpg too badly.

Can't wait to see what I get on my second tank....I love the challenge :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fantastic!!!! I can't wait to see what this tank brings me....I'm learning more and more how to get the best gas mileage. I've driven my hubby's Insight a few times and yesterday was the first time I found the right place on the gas to get around 70mpg, it felt great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts