Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question because i can't find my manual (too lazy) :oops: . I have taken in my car for the 15000 mile check and all they did was change the oil. I remember when I had my Camerys' that it usually cost about $150 to $350 for the 15000 mile checks and it seemed they did a lot more then an oil change. I had the same thing at a different dealer when I had my 10000 mile check. I also had to tell them to rotate the tires. Am I not being clear on the instructions or what.
PS i don't mind the cheap price, $20 and I supplied the oil 3.5 qts of Mobile 1 , as at the 5000 mile check they put in 4 qts.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Besides oil change and tire rotation, the 15K includes changing both the cabin and engine air filters. This is an easy 5min DIY job not requiring tools. I was able to do it in 5 minutes in my church parking lot before heading to the mens group meeting.

Of course, do some checks, such as CV joint boots, exhaust, suspension, etc., which is probably done during oil changes anyway. But unless a problem is discovered, no other procedure is necessary.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.