Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving along today (rainy slushy day in NYC, so I'm taking it easy) and as i coast up to the red light and come to a complete stop, lights come up on my screen and dashboard screen.

Three symbols are displayed on the dash: the big red triangle (!), the yellow square that i read in the manual tells me to call toyota immediately, and a little yellow (!)

As the title says, I have 15,150 on the car, full tank, oil changed in January, less than 1,000 on it since then.

Anyone else have this happen? I am calling Toyota tomorrow, but I'd like to hear from those with similar experiences before I freak out.

Thanks,
Ed

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
edoggsmooth said:
... I am calling Toyota tomorrow, but I'd like to hear from those with similar experiences before I freak out.
Why wait? Freak out now, and avoid the rush.
We HATE the Christmas Tree display! No no no... It's bad for our complexion. Adds to fine lines and wrinkles, and makes our heart palpitate most horribly.

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Id'e sure give them a call and see if they want you to come in and check any codes but did you get out in the rain and kick the left front tire? If as I suspect, you shut it down and restarted it and drove home normally with no warning lights, you will probably be told to watch for it again.
Wouldn't do this however if it were the "red brake" warning light, and if the dealer isn't too much out of the way it might be good to stop by and see if there are any stowed codes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts