Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving along today (rainy slushy day in NYC, so I'm taking it easy) and as i coast up to the red light and come to a complete stop, lights come up on my screen and dashboard screen.

Three symbols are displayed on the dash: the big red triangle (!), the yellow square that i read in the manual tells me to call toyota immediately, and a little yellow (!)

As the title says, I have 15,150 on the car, full tank, oil changed in January, less than 1,000 on it since then.

Anyone else have this happen? I am calling Toyota tomorrow, but I'd like to hear from those with similar experiences before I freak out.

Thanks,
Ed

·
Registered
928 Posts
Make sure your gas cap is tight.

Also, at least in the 2001-03 model, when the three symbols come up on the video screen (Multi-Function Display), usually only one has a (subtle) highlight behind it, indicating which symbol applies. I'm not sure about the 2004-05 model though.

If the light show won't go off after 3-4 off/on cycles, stop driving and get it towed to your dealer. If the light show clears, you can drive it to the dealer to let them try to pull out the stored computer codes.

Anyway, at 15K miles, you're still under warantee. Let us know what the dealer does.

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
My guess is that you didn't get out in the rain to kick the left front tire. But I also guess that you shut everything down and then restarted and drove home with no more warnings. I'de still call the dealer to see if he suggests you bring car in to check for prior codes. He'll probably just tell you to monitor car to see if it happens again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts