Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
If I dont drive my car for 2 days my car will not start. I then can jump start it and it will run. I had the car for 5 years and batteries usually get bad after that amout of time. So I got a new yellow top optima battery. I still have the same problem. The battery will die after 2 days of no driving. If I drive it every day it will always start. Kid of annoying that if I go somewhere for longer than a day or two and come back to my car I know it will be dead and will need a jump start.

Has anyone else had this problem and fixed it? Please let me know what is the fix

Thank you

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sounds like you have something draining power. Make sure there is no light left on and you don't hear pumps running after the car has been shut off. You will get a few things running at and shortly after shutdown, but things should be quiet after a few minutes.

Look for any lights on inside the car too. Those can take a 12V battery that size down fast.

·
Registered
25 Posts
There are switches made to open the batt circuit. That would sort of solve your problem but create others. s all stored data could be lost each time you opened the circuit. It sounds like you have something drawing current from the batt with car turned off. HAve someone use an amp clamp to find the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts