Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The number of Prii sold in the US in April, the third month in a row that Prius sales set a new record. Total US Prius sales have now surpassed 150,000.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
:lol:

Keep 'em comin'!

For a comparison, Honda sold 2,023 HAH, 3,466 HCH and 90 Insights
Ford sold 1,705 Escape HEV

·
Registered
59 Posts
Tideland Prius said:

Keep 'em comin'!

I hope that the Insight doesn't become discontinued due to poor sales.

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
With todays "media" at work along with the present and future gas prices I am sure that they are selling everything they can make.
I keep reading articles about Toyota scaling back Prius production to crank up the production of the Camry hybrid. Expect to pay a considerably high price for this car, similar to what Honda is getting for the Accord "H".
Toyota will finally start experiencing a profit out of their years of hybrid devolopment. We Prius owners all bought smart! (unless you paid over list)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Tharkun said:
Tideland Prius said:

Keep 'em comin'!

I hope that the Insight doesn't become discontinued due to poor sales.
Well, the problem is it has too many disadvantages...it's one of those cars that was built for the sole purpose of gas mileage in mind. Very little trunk space, cramped interior, only seats two, two doors, and very few available extra options. It's one of those cars that might be good for college students or single people with no family, or as a commuter or town car, but not much else, so I'm not surprised that sales have dropped drastically.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts