Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our dealer put 1/2 tank of gas. Unbelievable.
We got package 9 - and also the floor mats, cargo net option it looks like. We don't see a first aid kit. Is it with the spare tire? Should we have gotten it? Thx.

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
newpriusspouse said:
Our dealer put 1/2 tank of gas. Unbelievable.
We got package 9 - and also the floor mats, cargo net option it looks like. We don't see a first aid kit. Is it with the spare tire? Should we have gotten it? Thx.
Depends - what is listed on your window sticker?

are you confusing the cargo net with the spare-tire tie-down straps that also come in a little plastic baggie?

If your window sticker states that you purchased the Z1 preferred accessory package, that is the floor/cargo mats, cargo net, and first aid kit.
If your window sticker only states CF, then you only got the floor/cargo mats.

·
Registered
53 Posts
You'll be able to drive farther on that 1/2 tank than most other vehicles after a fill-up. It never ceases to amaze me what car dealers will/won't do for their customers once a sale is made!!

OTOH, at least you got the car!!

Good luck-may your mileage be high and your hassles low.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Isn't it the truth, Veggivet!

Mrv, hi. Thank you for that tip. We are supposed to have it. We'll have to dig around to see where it could be hiding. I'd like to make sure before I call the dealer complaining....

·
Registered
21 Posts
First Aid Kit

Be sure and check the small storage compartment left of the spare tire (when you're facing the car from the rear). That's where ours was. There's a small flap type door that opens toward the spare tire well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
newpriusspouse said:
I'd like to make sure before I call the dealer complaining....
I understand you don't want to embarass yourself, but don't ever feel guilty about calling your sales person with questions. It IS their job to serve you; even after the sale. Make them earn that commission!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was our fault. My husband said he didn't read the gas gauge correctly (everything is so different on this wonderful car). Also, it looks like the first aid kit is probably there, hidden, thanks for the tip where to look for it he says!

Also, heard that in Calif. there is a woman making an organized effort to get them to allow hybrids to drive in the diamond (carpool) lane! She said she had spoken to several state gov officials. Since there are only 20,000 in the US she said, it won't make a negative impact. They may try it for 3 years and then if there are too many hybrids on the road then, they may withdraw it. If you live in Calif it wouldn't hurt to let the gov. know you would like this.

nps

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
number in US

newpriusspouse said:
It was our fault. My husband said he didn't read the gas gauge correctly (everything is so different on this wonderful car). Also, it looks like the first aid kit is probably there, hidden, thanks for the tip where to look for it he says!

Also, heard that in Calif. there is a woman making an organized effort to get them to allow hybrids to drive in the diamond (carpool) lane! She said she had spoken to several state gov officials. Since there are only 20,000 in the US she said, it won't make a negative impact. They may try it for 3 years and then if there are too many hybrids on the road then, they may withdraw it. If you live in Calif it wouldn't hurt to let the gov. know you would like this.

nps
My last estimates puts the number of
hybrids (total of Toyota Prius,
Honda Insight, and Honda Civic Hybrids)
sold in the US close to the 100,000
mark.

Just US sales of the Toyota Prius
from launch (2000) through end of
Jan. 2004 is 68789 units.

Perhaps the total number of hybrids
that you heard was for registered
California vehicles only? I do
remember hearing that about 1/5 (20%)
of cars are sold in CA, so the
20,000 number for hybrids would be
about right for CA only...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, that sounds right - of course they would be quoting Calif because they were thinking of the impact on the Calif diamond lanes. They are also thinking of adding more gas tax here and my husband is all the happier he's bought the prius.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts