Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

About a month into learning and enjoying my new Prius. I've noticed a few possibilities in the forum to watch video on your built in GPS screen and while all examples are commendable - they're much more than I'm looking for.
I simply want to send video and audio via iPod's universal dock connector (the 30 pin bottom cable) from the iPod that already sends out full audio and video to tv's and such now simply with a Apple purchased cable. I'm not looking to control my iPod via GPS screen or steering wheel controls.
That being said - does anyone know how I can add a mod that would let me press Mode and switch to a video input screen that is showing what is coming out of my iPod? Would it be that mod that allows you to view the back-up camera all the time? I have to believe I can do this, giving the iPod will see the built in GPS screen just as any tv or projector anyone can already send to. Thanks is advance everyone. Maybe this is already possible with some or jacks on the GPS unit - I know Apple but not Toyota yet - still learning. [/quote]

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Not that simple.

First off, you didn't specify your model year. It seems the 2006 had its MFD interface completely changed. The older ones (2004-2005) had an RGBS input used by the NAV, and possibly other accessories available in other markets (such as Auto Park). Devices have been built to take advantage of the RGBS, some for using aux video for stuff like a rear camera, DVD player, etc., others more specialized for the IPod. Some rear camera adapters only worked B&W, though some added engineering to get color through.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Model Year

Not that simple.

First off, you didn't specify your model year. It seems the 2006 had its MFD interface completely changed. The older ones (2004-2005) had an RGBS input used by the NAV, and possibly other accessories available in other markets (such as Auto Park). Devices have been built to take advantage of the RGBS, some for using aux video for stuff like a rear camera, DVD player, etc., others more specialized for the IPod. Some rear camera adapters only worked B&W, though some added engineering to get color through.
Hi DanMan32,

It is a brand new 2006 delivered on 1/14/06. I'm not sure what the package number is but I do know you can order nothing more on the car as it has leather, back-up camera, gps and JBL audio system with the stereo mini input embedded inside the armrest console. Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.