Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all..

06 w ~135k..2nd owner: owned since 08/28k

This month out of nowhere, I had multiple trouble lights appear simultaneously: parking brake, DSC and two others others..
Car seemed to be running fine..
Last time I'd had this many lights was when the main battery pack had given out..

Took car to NAPA for free, quick diagnostic check: no error codes found; they disappointedly referred me to Toyota.

Toyota: 1. They thought it might be the ABS pump modulator ($2.3k)...I said no thank you..
2. They then commented that they'd noticed I'd put an "Optima" battery in the car, and commented that they'd seen several cases whereby a Toyota battery fixed the problem (allegedly because the Optima battery at times put out too much voltage..)
Ever skeptical, I had them install a new Toyota battery, AND ALL THE LIGHTS WENT AWAY (and have stayed off for almost 2 weeks..)

Hope this might help others.

Cheers,
Bob

·
Registered
11 Posts
By "Toyota Battery" I presume you mean a battery supplied by the Toyota dealer and not simply the battery size (number) designed for the Prius. If that is the case, I have been using a non-Toyota battery for years in two Prius' without problems. Two have been NAPA batteries and I don't remember the brand of the other battery.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts