Toyota Prius Forum banner

04 Prius with no option packages

4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  nmpriusman 
#1 ·
Here's a weird one.

Is it possible for an 04 Prius to be a "none of the above" car with NONE of the option packages installed? My own car (which some have taken to be a package 1) does not have side airbags nor a rear wiper (both fine by me). It does have an installed security system (which I think is the "VIP" dealer-installed system). Other options--smart entry, 6-CD, nav, etc.---not a one. Essentially, this car is perfectly clean. What is it?

Did I get the special-edition "ain't-nothin'-in-it" version? :)

#2 ·
I find it hard to believe you have a unique vehicle, unless some of the rentals were configured that way. The only package which does not include a rear wiper is package #2. It does, however, include the side air bags. Are you sure you don't have these? Check the front A-pillar near the top and be sure it does not have the "SRS side curtain" text on it. If you indeed do not have the air bags, and someone did not simply remove the rear wiper blade (the round fitting for the arm would still be there as well as the washer spray nozzle at the top of the rear window) then I have no idea what you have.

#4 ·
It's actually a "base model." They do exist, it turns out, even though Toyota isn't exactly the most forthcoming about it on their website--rather IMPLYING that the cars are only available with some option package. It's really what I wanted, as I felt most of the options were rather overpriced and of limited utility (although neat-o). I've since heard from a couple of others who have the base, so they DO exist.

#5 ·
Yes, the base model does exist and I have one. No rear wiper, no side airbags, no pkg, nuttin!
Not a Trac car - saw 4 of the Tracs on the lot and all had rear wiper.

Very happy with my Salsa Red. Have heard that the rear wiper does not do much and find that I never have a problem even during rain. Do wish I had the Smart Entry but ..... Was able sto get the first 04 in this area and at $22,000 (Port added mats, 6 in-dash cd changer and Homelink) getting 53 mpg last 4 tanks. :D :D :D

#6 ·
Although I initially wanted the "everything included" #9 package, I sat down for a moment and thought about what I would really need. #3 turned out to be the best for me and my pocketbook (side airbags, rear wiper and floor mats). I just couldn't see paying another $5400 for the smart entry and NAV system.

ALTHOUGH, I did recently buy a Garmin iQue 3600 GPS PDA (for $400 with 128mb card and auto-kit) and it has been a god-send. Add another $100 for the Delphi Roady XM Radio receiver, and I'm fully decked out :)

#7 ·
Yup, Interestingly enough on my last vacation when we rented from Hertz in Orlando, I saw to Prii at the returning station. Being a car rental place, they had the "0" package. They do exist, although rare.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.