Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have driven 2 demos, and they both had the "standard" system. For those with the upgraded "Premium" system, how does it sound compared to the base version? Big difference, or big whoop?

Thanks for the info

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
Holicow said:
I have driven 2 demos, and they both had the "standard" system. For those with the upgraded "Premium" system, how does it sound compared to the base version? Big difference, or big whoop?

Thanks for the info
Personally, I'd say "big whoop".

However, the "Premium" system gets
you the AM/FM/Cassette/6CD changer,
as opposed to the stock AM/FM/1CD player.
(If you need an aux-in port, I prefer
a cassette adapter vs. an FM transmitter.)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Premium sound system

My '04 has it (came as part of the package) and it is nice, but if you get one with only the standard, you won't be disappointed. I have been in a base version car and the difference was for me, at least, not worth worrying about. The 6 CD changer is nice, however. I have been using an iRoc FM transmitter to interface my iPod, and that has been working quite well.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I personally do not need the 6 CD changer. After all, I can only listen to one CD at a time, and with the radio or CD player blaring I would not be able to enjoy the ultra quiet ride that Prius offers - especially in stealth mode. :wink:

Even on long trips my family rarely listens to music. Rather, we enjoy conversation and sharing of one anothers company, as our normally busy schedules prevent us from spending a lot of time jut talkig to one another.

For you music lovers out there the 6 CD changer is probably great. However, the sound is not much different between the base six and premiun nine speaker systems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts