Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Side View! XM installed easily and WOW what a sound, sounds clearer than CD's. Ceramic tint doesn't interfere with bluetooth. Special New Zealand skins don't interefere with side or curtain airbags. I love this car but need more advise on rims! Want some chrome 16x7's but the offset and PCD makes no sense to me. How do you know where to go and what will fit?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just picked up my silver 08. I am interested in XM. Who installed yours? Did the deailer do it or a retain store where it was purchsed?
Thank

·
Registered
40 Posts
Although this option is more expensive than getting the XM at Bestbuy, Coastaletech.com has a wonderful XM satalite radio option for the 2004 Prius. It is actually integrated into the LCD screen, so you don't have the little device that you have to leave somewhere on the dash. It costs $410, but it could be worth the price in terms of utility and looks.

http://www.coastaletech.com/xm_radio_in_prius.htm

·
Registered
190 Posts
Just a note about chrome wheels - they weigh a more than the same wheel that has been painted. If looks are your main concern, then this is not an issue but if you want to meet or beat the performance and handling characteristics of the OE wheels, you'll need to find some that weigh the same or less. This shouldn't be too tough as Toyota tends to cast their wheels pretty beefy to exceed Japanese safety requirements. Anyhow, if you are shopping for wheels, just pretend like your car is an '03 Corolla for all intents and purposes.

That way you won't have to explain that you have a +42 to +45 offset, 100mm P.C.D., 5 lug pattern, and require a wheel that is no wider that 7 inches.

greenmachine said:
Side View! XM installed easily and WOW what a sound, sounds clearer than CD's. Ceramic tint doesn't interfere with bluetooth. Special New Zealand skins don't interefere with side or curtain airbags. I love this car but need more advise on rims! Want some chrome 16x7's but the offset and PCD makes no sense to me. How do you know where to go and what will fit?

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
more XM for 2004

nmpriusman said:
Although this option is more expensive than getting the XM at Bestbuy, Coastaletech.com has a wonderful XM satalite radio option for the 2004 Prius. It is actually integrated into the LCD screen, so you don't have the little device that you have to leave somewhere on the dash. It costs $410, but it could be worth the price in terms of utility and looks.

http://www.coastaletech.com/xm_radio_in_prius.htm
There's also another group providing
XM radio support for the 2004 Prius:
http://www.priusxm.com/

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, I didn't know there were these types of options for XM on the Prius. I will probably take the unit back and get the seamless unit that works with the factory system. THanks for the rim suggestions, I'm looking for a cosmetic upgrade only, performance for me is not an issue unless they make an electric supercharger! I highly recommend the seat covers as they look and feel like high quality sheepskin, not cheap covers by any means! I figured out how to get rid of the beeping sound when you back up but does anyone know how to get rid of the seatbelt beep?

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
2004 seatbelt beep

greenmachine said:
does anyone know how to get rid of the seatbelt beep?
1. wear your seatbelt.
2. ignore the beeping. the beeping will get more adamant, and then it'll give up on reminding you to protecting yourself with a seatbelt, and it'll stop beeping on its own.

·
Registered
4 Posts
greenmachine said:
Got the skins here, I highly recommend them they seem to fit like a glove and are worth the money!

Thanks for the info. I assume yours are the Toyota "Tan" color. How well does that match the ivory interior of your Prius? I can't quite tell from the photo.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts