Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 01 prius, which i fixed from a salvage has 3 codes, the car continues to drive normally and gets a great 42 mpg, the problem is the check engine light. The codes i pulled were

P0125
Clsd Loop Fuel Crtl Insufficent Temp
P0130
O2 Sensor Circuit Malfunction ( Bank 1 Sensor 1 )
P0133
O2 Sensor CKT Slow Response ( Bank 1 Sensor 1

Note: I know i can fix the p0130 and 0133 with a new oxygen sensor and checking wiring but i dont underrstand the p0125 code anyone can help?

btw my car isnt under warranty since its salvage, and i dont trust dealers either.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
The P0125 is also related to the O2. It is with the O2 sensor that the ECM can enter into a closed loop feedback where the ECM adjusts fuel mixture based on what it reads as remaining O2 in the exhaust. If there's a problem with the O2, then it cannot go into closed loop mode and must guess the proper mixture based on other sensors such as engine temp, air temp, RPM, barometric pressure, etc.

Judging from the description of P0125 indicating insufficient temp as the cause of not going into closed loop mode, either the O2 heater is not working, the temp sensor is not working, the O2 sensor itself is not working, or the wiring to either is not working.

So you are already on the right track, and when you clear the cause of the other 2 errors, this one should also go away.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Aren't the P codes only obtainable from a Toyota diagostic tool? Or can you get them from a regular OBD-II scanner? The OBD scanner was sort of worthless for me because I needed more info. I'm just curious how you read them.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Any scanner can get the code. There is a standard for that. The trick is to correctly interpret the code.

Some subcodes might not be retrievable via ODB II.

There are a few websites that will give you the interpretation for many common vehicles. Most codes have standard meanings.

For Prius codes, just post here and someone will interpret for you. I can interpret 2004-2006 codes since I have the repair manual. Well, there might be some changes to 2006, so I might be missing a few of those.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Classic Prius DTCs:
http://www.ecrostech.com/prius/GenInfo/ ... eCodes.htm

Many standard OBD-II readers can get very confused when connecting to the Prius' LAN - different ECUs all responding at once can confuse some readers. But, most of the basic codes can be found using OBD-II readers, but not all of the codes and most likely none of the subcodes. So, you may still be best posting to one of the online Prius groups... Don't forget to check for TSBs - I've been pretty good at keeping up with them over on the toyota-prius-sat1 yahoogroup.

I did see the NHW20 codes posted somewhere, but I don't remember if I'm confusing it with the display diagnostic codes...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I hope that this is still an active thread and the help offer is still valid.

My 2004 prius showed the following codes on start:

V0293 and P0A1D.

I hope to figure out what is going on. Clearing the codes removed the problem but that does not mean that the problem is solved.

I am using a OBD II scan gauge model from Scanguage.Com

Any help is appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.