Public service: Prius cleans other cars' exhausts, too! - Toyota Prius Forum : Prius Online Toyota Forums
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-13-2002, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 141
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Default Public service: Prius cleans other cars' exhausts, too!

"In some cities, like New York, that means the exhaust coming out of the Prius is often cleaner than the air going into it."

This quote is from http://www.toyota.com/html/about/enviro ... sales.html . The Prius exhaust system is so good it cleans other cars' emissions. If you're biking around New York City, find a Prius to follow around--it'll be healthier than breathing any other air! As a public service, we should all go to NYC and drive around for a few hours to help clean up their air.

Douglas (2002 Silver, Wisconsin)

Douglas (2002 Prius, 2006 Highlander Hybrid, Wisconsin)
-----
johnson487682 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-13-2002, 04:22 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 131
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default

You don't have to go to New York. To quote W.C. Fields (in another context), "Philadelphia will do."
Henry is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-13-2002, 07:55 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Doug wrote:
"In some cities, like New York, that means the exhaust coming out of the Prius is often cleaner than the air going into it."
If you're biking around New York City, find a Prius to follow around--it'll be healthier than breathing any other air! As a public service, we should all go to NYC and drive around for a few hours to help clean up their air.

Henry wrote: "You don't have to go to New York. To quote W.C. Fields (in another context), "Philadelphia will do."
Yes the air does get nasty here in philly. But it is great to know that I can purify the air in my house and my garage just by closing all the doors and windows and letting the car run (with the defrost on of course for maximum health benefit).
What a car!
I'll go try it and let y'all know how it works.
Nathan

The Prius: A Home Air Purification System
(I wonder if John would add this tip to his selling points brochure.)
Nathan is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2002, 10:22 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Grand Junction, Colorado
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan
Quote:
Doug wrote:
"In some cities, like New York, that means the exhaust coming out of the Prius is often cleaner than the air going into it."
If you're biking around New York City, find a Prius to follow around--it'll be healthier than breathing any other air! As a public service, we should all go to NYC and drive around for a few hours to help clean up their air.

Henry wrote: "You don't have to go to New York. To quote W.C. Fields (in another context), "Philadelphia will do."
Yes the air does get nasty here in philly. But it is great to know that I can purify the air in my house and my garage just by closing all the doors and windows and letting the car run (with the defrost on of course for maximum health benefit).
What a car!
I'll go try it and let y'all know how it works.
Nathan

The Prius: A Home Air Purification System
(I wonder if John would add this tip to his selling points brochure.)



And if NATHAN does not return... We know IT DIDNT WORK!

R.I.P. Nathan

Retired/Disabled Police Officers Asso.

Theres a whole new bread out there...
Smitty is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2002, 10:32 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Grand Junction, Colorado
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default

Lets See,

A $21K HEPA Filter with

A/C
Cruise
Tilt
CD/AM/FM Radio

A NAV system so you know where to put your filter.

Filter runs on 11.9 Gal of 87 octane gas for an average total of 600 minutes.

WARNING: For external use only

Retired/Disabled Police Officers Asso.

Theres a whole new bread out there...
Smitty is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2002, 10:37 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Grand Junction, Colorado
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default Re: Public service: Prius cleans other cars' exhausts, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson487682
"In some cities, like New York, that means the exhaust coming out of the Prius is often cleaner than the air going into it."

This quote is from http://www.toyota.com/html/about/enviro ... sales.html . The Prius exhaust system is so good it cleans other cars' emissions. If you're biking around New York City, find a Prius to follow around--it'll be healthier than breathing any other air! As a public service, we should all go to NYC and drive around for a few hours to help clean up their air.

Douglas (2002 Silver, Wisconsin)
I guess the bikers died, the link is no longer good. Toyota must of retracted it so SOMEONE doesnt try to purify their life...

Retired/Disabled Police Officers Asso.

Theres a whole new bread out there...
Smitty is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2002, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 141
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Default

The link still works--for some reason the period "." at the end of the sentence is being included in the auto-hyperlink. After clicking on the link and getting the error message from toyota.com, go to your location/address bar, delete the final period, and hit return to see the article.

Douglas (2002 Silver, Wisconsin)

Douglas (2002 Prius, 2006 Highlander Hybrid, Wisconsin)
-----
johnson487682 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



  Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toyota to test plug-in Prius PHEVs on public roads clett Toyota Prius General Discussion 10 07-20-2007 11:26 AM
American Public Media's Marketplace (public radio) July 25 Sanny Toyota Prius General Discussion 1 07-25-2005 07:23 PM
For John1701A; a Public Thank You! BIF Toyota Prius General Discussion 26 08-21-2004 06:41 PM
CO by the numbers (was Prius cleans other cars exhausts) Nathan Toyota Prius General Discussion 8 11-25-2002 09:06 PM
Caravan or Get Together for Public Education Toyota Prius General Discussion 8 05-07-2002 01:17 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome