View Single Post
post #35 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 09:46 PM
Astroprojector

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question

I just also found this post.

I have 2011 Prius III model with 89K miles. Recently (past several month) I noticed issues with disappearing oil. First the "Low Oil Pressure" light came up. I took it to change the oil at Jiffy Lube and they told me there was almost no oil left. The oil was changed, however, after about two weeks the "Change Oil" maintenance light came on. Again I took it Jiffy Lube. They changed the oil on 10/2. Then again the Low Oil Pressure" several days ago. I checked the oil level and it was down to a quarter. I took the car to Jiffy Lube and they topped it off. The car was serviced at Toyota for the first 2 years and then I switched to Jiffy Lube oil changes. The oil was changed as soon as the maintenance light came on.

The car parked in the garage and there are no oil leaks. The floor has no oil puddles. My suspicion the car has the same problem as described in this post.

At the time of the car purchase I also purchased Toyota Extra Care, which good for 7 yrs / 100K mikes bumper to bumper repair coverage, unless it is wear an tear part. My assumption that this repair would fall under the coverage. I scheduled an appointment at the dealer, so my question is how do I go about convincing the dealer/Toyota to do the approaching ICE repair?

Thank you.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome