So first off, I want to thank everyone for their help jumping right on to post diagrams and pictures since my last comment on this thread.
I dug around and found for myself a diagram (not pictured here yet) of the wiring going into the generator.
First thing I had to do was remove the plastic cowling from under the hood.
What I found were the connection points where the generator is plugged in. The orange shrouded high voltage wire and 6 wires going into a connector were where the problem was found.
As you can see here, rodents of some sort had chewed through my wires. After looking it up, I found that it is a common occurrence, since green cars use bio plastics. Other plastics are inciting to rodents as well, so it's not just localized to hybrids. But bio plastics are extra tasty.
Before going forward, I disconnected the safety power plug on the Hybrid battery, located behind the back seat driver side. (orange plug) and disconnected the negative terminal to the 12 v battery.
Ultimately, I attached 6'" jumpers, butt-spliced 14 ga wire, to the connector, and then crawled under and spliced them back to the harness. Matching colors is always a good idea to reduce errors.
I straightened the copper and plastidipped the high voltage wire to keep moisture out and electricity in.
This cured the problem 100%, but 20 minutes later, I got a check engine light, followed by the ! light. The codes that pulled were P0011 and P0013 indicating a crank shaft wiring issue. I had to park the car. Now I have to find a diagram for those sensors to see if they have been chewed as well.