Toyota Prius Forum : Prius Online Toyota Forums - View Single Post - Leather VS Cloth
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 07:30 PM
Roger V

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had an '04 with cloth, which I treated with a spray-on soil repellent when I first got the car. I then spot-cleaned occasionaly as needed, and it looked fine when I sold it. I now have an '06 with factory leather, and it has leather-appearing material on the armrests and center console. I think that only the seating surfaces are actually genuine leather, along with the steering wheel. Perhaps the factory has changed the trim for '08 or you are looking at cars which have aftermarket leather installed. When I bought my '06, the aftermarket leather package did not include the steering wheel. I prefer the leather for comfort and ease of cleaning, and hope it will continue to look good in the long term with an occasional cleaning and application of leather conditioner. My six year old Lexus' leather still looks like new with this care, although I would expect that it probably has a better grade of leather than that used in the Prius.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome