Obsession with moving and locking topics - Page 2 - Toyota Prius Forum : Prius Online Toyota Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 09:39 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: So Calif
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default

I actually enjoy FA being around. He is successful in provoking. On the other hand, my posts are often the last ones in a thread - I assume they come across as very boring posts.

I have a theory about FA. If he didn't have a Prius and just did not care for them or the drivers, he might casually provoke on the forum but not spend the time he spends. There are many other places where people are more easily provoked - forums on religion, politics, gun control, immigration, for example.

So I think FA actually has a Prius and loves it. That keeps him so involved with the board and caters to his desire to provoke. He might also have another identity on the board as a very positive, friendly Prius owner.
83989 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 11:46 PM
Senior Member
 
TJandGENESIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: ?Lewisville, part of the metroplex, Dallas, in the great Republic of TEXAS?, USA
Posts: 393
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsf
I actually enjoy FA being around. He is successful in provoking. On the other hand, my posts are often the last ones in a thread - I assume they come across as very boring posts.

I have a theory about FA. If he didn't have a Prius and just did not care for them or the drivers, he might casually provoke on the forum but not spend the time he spends. There are many other places where people are more easily provoked - forums on religion, politics, gun control, immigration, for example.

So I think FA actually has a Prius and loves it. That keeps him so involved with the board and caters to his desire to provoke. He might also have another identity on the board as a very positive, friendly Prius owner.

Hmm. This almost comes across as if you know this to be true. Makes one wonder, don't it?

Powered by Apple® iMac, running with Leopard
TJandGENESIS is offline  
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 01:04 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: So Calif
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJandGENESIS
Hmm. This almost comes across as if you know this to be true. Makes one wonder, don't it?
No, I'm not FA - unintended consequences of stating my theory!
83989 is offline  
 
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 01:15 AM
Senior Member
 
TJandGENESIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: ?Lewisville, part of the metroplex, Dallas, in the great Republic of TEXAS?, USA
Posts: 393
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsf
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJandGENESIS
Hmm. This almost comes across as if you know this to be true. Makes one wonder, don't it?
No, I'm not FA - unintended consequences of stating my theory!
Yes, yes indeed!

Powered by Apple® iMac, running with Leopard
TJandGENESIS is offline  
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 09:32 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: So Calif
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default

I guess with the thread moved over here it gets no attention.
83989 is offline  
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 12:14 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Munich, Germany, Drapanos, Crete, Greece & Nivyanin, Bulgaria.
Posts: 425
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish_antlers
oh please... if you want advice on how to run a forum, email me... I have 6 years on you...

I can tell you first hand that it's a slippery slope locking and moving threads... You can learn the hard way if you want...
In that case ask to join the moderator group! Click on a moderator link, and you will see its an open group, so click on the Join Group button.



Victor

2004 Blue Executive with Navi, BT, and Backup Cam.
Victor is offline  
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 01:07 AM
Senior Member
 
TJandGENESIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: ?Lewisville, part of the metroplex, Dallas, in the great Republic of TEXAS?, USA
Posts: 393
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish_antlers
oh please... if you want advice on how to run a forum, email me... I have 6 years on you...

I can tell you first hand that it's a slippery slope locking and moving threads... You can learn the hard way if you want...
In that case ask to join the moderator group! Click on a moderator link, and you will see its an open group, so click on the Join Group button.


Really? I did not know that. Huh.

Powered by Apple® iMac, running with Leopard
TJandGENESIS is offline  
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 05:32 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default Re: Obsession with moving and locking topics

Oh please, Fish does not have a clue and I should know as I am his wife. He has no clue how to run a forum and has driven most of our valued members away. His ego is out of control as is his drinking. He is proud to have a basically uncensored site but then censors anyone that does not agree with him. If you don't want this site to die like Bikeland has, do the opposite as he says.

PK
PrincessKiwi is offline  
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-05-2011, 04:06 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 1,002
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default Re: Obsession with moving and locking topics

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKiwi
Oh please, Fish does not have a clue and I should know as I am his wife. He has no clue how to run a forum and has driven most of our valued members away. His ego is out of control as is his drinking. He is proud to have a basically uncensored site but then censors anyone that does not agree with him. If you don't want this site to die like Bikeland has, do the opposite as he says.

PK
Uh.... You do know you're replying to a four-year-old thread, right?

Owner of 'Eeyore', a 2004 Prius. Only took 2 days from start of search to delivery.

8 years of ownership, 115,000 miles, about 40 MPG average at present.
ehurtley is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



  Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Filtering out these sicko topics? stanleyj PriusOnline 2 08-26-2006 11:20 AM
obsession with mpg dod Toyota Prius General Discussion 30 04-11-2005 10:12 AM
steering problem topics list 6 and 7 fernand Toyota Prius General Discussion 1 04-08-2005 04:23 AM
Obsession with moving and locking topics fish_antlers Toyota Prius General Discussion 6 12-31-1969 07:00 PM
Filtering out these sicko topics? stanleyj Toyota Prius General Discussion 0 12-31-1969 07:00 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome