|06-05-2008, 11:23 AM||#2 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Edmonton Alberta Canada
Re: How do I deactivate the beep when I put it in reverse?
From the "Prius User Guide" at john1706a.com site (thanks John!).
1. Switch to the odometer/trip value to display "ODO" by pushing the “ODO TRIP” button. If the speedometer-cluster was already showing “ODO”, make sure to cycle thru each option back to “ODO” again.
2. Power OFF (push the "Power" button).
3. Power ON (push the "Power" button again).
4. Within 6 seconds of powering back ON, push & hold the button for “ODO” for a minimum of 10 seconds.
5. While still holding the button for "ODO", shift into "R" (Reverse), then to "P" (Park).
6. "b-on" should display on the odometer/trip-meter now. Push the "ODO TRIP" button to switch the mode to "b-oFF".
7. Power OFF (push the "Power" button). That’s it! The beep should now be disabled.
Note #1: If the sequence above failed, it may have due to the "ODO" setting not having been visible recently. In that case, all you have to do is drive with it that way for a few miles. The next time you try to disable the beeper, the process should work.
Note #2: If you ever disconnect the 12-volt auxiliary battery from the system (or drain it dead), you may have to repeat the disable process again.
Pearl is a 2007 Driftwood Pearl Prius
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|The annoying reverse beep||WestofLongBeach||Prius - Q & A||4||09-17-2010 12:17 AM|
|Negative effects of disabling reverse beep?||puppetmasta||Prius - General||25||06-07-2006 12:14 AM|
|Reverse Beep Noise||gruffgordon||Prius - Technical||17||05-19-2006 11:57 PM|
|Annoying reverse beep||bobamus||Prius - General||7||12-03-2005 01:26 PM|
|Reverse Beep Cancel Help||kenhdc||Prius - General||21||03-28-2004 08:49 PM|