Toyota Prius Forum : Prius Online Toyota Forums - View Single Post - Smart Key not working
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 05:06 PM
OmniCindy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lx470 View Post
hi the other key u claim to be lost is inside the car
if u have a smart entry keyfob in side the car and u try to lock it using the smart feature with other fob on u it behaves this way
pls search the key fob under ur seats/in between the seats and centerconsole/in between the seat back and seat base

u r done
I'm not the person who originally posted this question, but I wanted to thank you for your response. I just purchased a 2007 Prius that the person I bought it from had reclaimed from salvage and repaired. He only had one smart key for the car, so I was looking to go through the expense and hassle of getting another one. However, I was having the same problem as Kanne with the smart key feature not working for locking or unlocking doors (except unlocking worked with the rear door).

After searching for answers to this and reading your post, I unlocked my car with the button on the smart key remote, put the key 30 yards away, & tried starting my car. Sure enough, it started! After searching, I found the second smart key in an envelope under the passenger seat! And now the locking and unlocking with either smart key works just fine! I am sooooo happy!

Thank You!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome